Sunday, November 15, 2009

5.14 Past Tense song

To the tune of !La cucaracha!

*To make it more challenging, you can sequentially delete each pair as you sing until all you have are I ____, I ____, I _____, I ______.....and on and on.
I made it a game,--> if you forget the words, you must sit down. and like in a dance competition, I walk around the classroom and tap on your shoulder to sit down if I see your lips not moving!

I've had a horrible time trying to teach past tense to my 5th graders. The term beating a dead horse comes to mind. To them, it's a whole new language they have to learn all of a sudden. I have found the best way to teach irregular verbs is through song. here's my verse for the KEY past tense terms we use in lesson 14 for 5th grade. Feel free to make up your own verses!

*Special thanks to Senora Gomez @ Sehome High School, Bellingham, WA. for teaching me irregular spanish past-tense verbs using the same song!

No comments:

Post a Comment